The house built for Sheriff Gray in 1785 was restored in 1972, along with its neighbours. With its plastered fieldstone walls, the Beaudoin house, as this series of buildings is known, is a good example of the architecture of the fortified town.
Old meets new at the corner of Saint-Vincent and Sainte-Thérèse, where 18th-century walls have been integrated into a 1912 building. The entire structure was restored in 1991, winning its designers an architectural award. The building now houses organizations working to improve the status of women, and is called the Parent-Roback house.
The stone walls of this building, photographed in 1885 (already over 100 years old at the time), are still visible from the corner of Saint-Amable and Saint-Vincent, made into part of a brick warehouse.